Sunday, July 27, 2003 :::

 

Well my mom's just gone back home. Apparently she'd been running around California for the last couple of weeks and then dropped by up here. Or down here, is it? *shrug* I dunno. I'm still used to living in the Valley where everything, except Mexico, is "up" there. We've our own little language down there. Like "going across" means going over to Mex to party. I miss the Valley. All the familiar faces and places and such. A friend of mine told me that everything's changed since we graduated. That all the construction that had been going on is done and all the roads are new and buildings have popped up and all that jazz.
Sometimes I wanna go back. To just give up and go home. But even though I've not got as many friends here, and that there's hardly anyone I can just chill with... I don't wanna go back 'cause of all the things that've gone on back there. We were all a lot younger and I admit I still make some pretty rash decisions, but I think I've grown up a lot. I really do feel that this move was good for me as a person... and yeah, so I can't go to Whataburger and have a discussion about the speed of light, or pop down my tailgate in my driveway and just see who drops by... but I guess that's what this whole "growing up" thing is all about.
I do miss the ocean, though.

::: posted by tinafish at 5:01 AM :::