Monday, October 20, 2003 :::

insomniac
 

well it's my first night off and here I am staring at my ceiling fan thinking about doing laundry.
You know... I've heard that anyone who would fall asleep in a dark room at a comfortable temperature and low noise level after being left alone for only 10 minutes is suffering from sleep deprivation. If that's the case there's not many people I know that are actually getting enough sleep.

So I have a key to David's apt now. I've been kinda... resisting getting one for the last few months. He's been offering for ages now, only I don't know if that would be such a good thing for our relationship. It's true that it is kinda stessful to make sure he's home so that I can print things or dload things... but to me, this is a really big step in our rltnship. It's like, he trusts me. I'm not saying that I don't think he should... just it's kinda funny. I have a key to his apt, but I don't know a single password he uses for any of his log-ins. I've tried getting him to log me into things.. various sites or email apps, but he totally refuses. Says he wouldn't want to be liable if something happened. So how should I take this whole key thing?

We've been working on turning the garage into another bedroom. I'm supposed to tape and float the ceiling... was supposed to do that earlier today, actually. My sis said she'd do it for me, since my dad wants it done by Tues. I'm leaning towards also adding another bathroom, just for me. i've picked out a shower and sink and toilet. Gotta see if my sis approves, since this is her house and all. Dunno why it should matter, though... since I'll be paying for the bathroom.

So I've stopped wearing makeup. No more makeup for me. Just my face.
No one's said anything so far. Either they've not noticed, or they're biting their tongues.
David doesn't seem to mind one way or the other. He's real big on the "you're beautiful no matter what." Don't get me wrong - that's the most wonderful thing to hear... Just I'm not happy with the way I look anymore. I've gained so much weight.... I don't ever dress up anymore... I can now honestly say it'll take me 20 mins to shower and get dressed. And that includes blow drying my hair. *sigh* I remember when I was in high school it took me 2 hours every morning. I spent at least half an hour in the shower! I'd paint my nails every day to match what I was wearing... Spend ages deciding what to wear, and then which shoes to put on. *shaking head* Now it's all I can do to put sweat pants on instead of scrubs or pajamas.
David and I went to Chili's on Saturday. It was one of my "pajama" days. lol.... He's a great guy, ya know?

Well I guess I'll do laundry and maybe take Squish to the park for a while before I go to school. And I'm getting hungry.

::: posted by tinafish at 4:01 AM :::