Friday, November 21, 2003 :::

finally getting my money's worth
 

For those of you who hadn't noticed... I'm finally getting my money's worth when it comes to the whole comment system I'm using. I've been getting comments!
*stoked*

So here's the deal with my ex:
--disclaimer: BoB if this bothers you I'm sorry but it was my life too--

So BoB and I started dating back before I started high school; the summer before my freshman year when I was... almost 13. Now I know that sounds kinda bad but we didn't go out or anything... didn't even hold hands... we did the whole giggling and stuff, blush when we talked to each other... we were sparring partners at our dojo mostly. We dated up to... my second year of college.
Things were so awesome the first few years. So incredibly awesome. But I'm a real jealous person and I was a lot younger then too. So over the course of our dating I managed to alienate him from his friends, his family, and his coworkers. I purposely did things to make him jealous, I even got him fired once or twice. Yeah, I was such a different person. So he began to react to me - to become jealous without being prompted. And he was always very aggressive. Now don't take that the wrong way, he never hurt me. But we both have tempers and we were both just kids.
When I graduated high school I got into this school in Houston (partly because they gave me a scholarship, mostly because that was the only place he'd go to) and we moved. I lived on campus and he moved in with his mom. More stuff happened. He moved back home and I followed him.
blah blah blah.
When I turned 19 I signed for a truck for him. At this point I alienated my family. About 2 months later he totaled it. And left me with the bill. My insurance company... well... let's just say I won't recommend them if you're gonna total your vehicle before you've made a payment on it. Stuff was getting pretty bad btwn us.
I kept wanting to work things out and he kept wanting to never hear from me again. Here's where I alienated my friends.
I realized I'd never be able to get over him in that environment, so I moved. Overnight. I moved across the state - over a thousand miles. So now I'm here and he's there. And for some reason my family back home decided to take his side.
So here I am across the state with no friends and no one to trust.
So I started dating pretty much when I got here - a sort of filler to keep me from calling him. And I got engaged. That didn't work out. Got engaged again. Didn't work out either. Got engaged 2 more times, neither worked out. One thing I find interesting is I never even kissed any of the guys I was engaged to. Somehow in about 2 months each, they managed to fall in love with me, pick out a ring, and propose. Notice I dated BoB for over 6 years!
Anyhow... after I got through the whole engagement thing I went back to dating around. I changed who I was dating about every 2 months, and finally around last January I decided I was gonna date a lot. So I was seeing 5 or so guys when I met David.
I seriously wanted him to give me a reason to stay home the first time I met him. I managed to spend Valentine's with him and he's been the only guy I've seen since. Godwilling things will go well btwn us and in a couple of years we'll move to Houston and I can get back to real school.

With that said... I shall go have lunch.

::: posted by tinafish at 1:37 AM :::