Wednesday, February 25, 2004 :::

big Catholic day today
 

it's Ash Wednesday. Since I started dating david it seems I've gotten further and further away from my faith. I used to be the textbook Catholic - mass every Sunday, confession every Saturday, and mass at least once on every Holy Day of Obligation. Just over the past year I've more or less stopped going to church. Mostly it's 'cause I don't want him to feel like I'm pushing my beliefs onto him. He's got his own ideas and I need to respect that.
Just...
I'm going to mass w/ AJ here in a few. One of the things that I liked about AJ was his faith. Is his faith. He may not be the greatest guy in the world.... and I know he's got some ~major~ flaws, but he is a pretty religious guy. Well, on the surface he is. Sometimes he just seems like a real hypocrite. But he and I used to go to mass together when we were dating. I hadn't been to his church since then, and his priest recognized me. lol.
David doesn't like AJ much. Actually, he doesn't like AJ at all. I was talking to one of David's friends at school (F2 if you recall) the other day. F2 was saying he wouldn't be able to handle it if his gf was carpooling with a guy she used to date. I've been thinking about that a lot. David's not a jealous person... but when we fight he does tend to throw in the whole ex thing.
It's kinda weird. I really consider myself to only have had 2 boyfriends - David and BoB. Everyone else was just some guy I dated for a while. Even the guys I was engaged to. They weren't ever my boyfriends. Weird, huh. I don't think David'd agree.
Ooh, gotta go pick up AJ and head to mass.

::: posted by tinafish at 5:32 PM :::