Saturday, May 01, 2004 :::

Blindfold Blog
 

I just read that blog. It's amazing ya'll.
I remember this one time in high school I had to give up speaking for a day. It was for something my youth council at church was doing.
Anyway. I was a freshman in high school and I had talked to all my teachers beforehand about how I was not going to be speaking the next day.
Many of them laughed and didn't think I was going to make it (I was kind of a chatterbox) but they were all pretty supportive and allowed me to do it.
On the hour and a half bus ride to school I didn't say anything. I made it through first period and half of second period before the girl in front of me handed me something and I said 'thanks' to her.
Aside from that the rest of the day I didn't say anything.
And it was hard.

I can't hardly imagine how it would be to lose something as valuable as my sight, or my hearing.
I used to be a very active person - volunteering at a local MHMR, a local hospital, and of course at my church.
Somewhere over the course of "growing up" I seem to have lost that - the giving part of me.
How have I gotten so far away from who I used to be, to who I am now?
I'm selfish and ungrateful.
And I have so many things to be thankful for.

::: posted by tinafish at 12:59 PM :::