Monday, May 31, 2004 :::

lots of fun bowling!
 

We (Brian, David, Sam, Raul, and Me) went bowling tonight - 5 games. Brian won 2 and David won 2, so we only bowled the last game to decide who was the best - brian or david. Turns out Raul won. I didn't lose any games, but I didn't win any, either. My high schore was 113, but David had tonight's high schore w/ 146.
The second to last game I played ~awful~. For 4 frames I hit 7 and then 0, then 9-0, then 5-0... it was ~bad~. I kept not hitting anything w/ my second roll.
*sigh*

We walked the dogs just now - went looking for empty apts to maybe move in to. David's supposed to call the apt complex people tomorrow to find out.

We went to walmart earlier - david bought me a couple of books. I'm so excited I can't hardly wait to read them.
look:





and





I'm especially excited about Worlds of st:ds9. I can't hardly wait to read it. He bought them for me so I can have something to do when we go studying.
The genesis force finishes up the whole Genesis Wave series (1, 2, 3), I imagine. I never did finish book 3 of GW, so I guess I'll start over from the beginning and work that all out.
Also, I've ~got~ to read up on all the books that were published after ds9 went off the air. I absolutely ~loved~ Avatar(1, 2) and I know I have Rising Son and both Left Hand of Destiny books (1, 2)... and I read the whole Section 31 bit (1, 2, 3, 4) and all but book 7 of the Gateways line (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7). Oh an I LOVED A Stich in Time. Garak is one of my favorite characters, and this book added a depth to him that I wish the series had allowed for.
Also 7 of 9 is a good character, and I have to admit I love the borg, particularly the BQ. They're the perfect enemy.
And Shinzon was ~hot~ (he's on my Top 10 list, btw)! I loved that Nemesis allowed for us to learn so much about the other planet in the Romulan Empire. Up to now they've always been only slightly mentioned, if at all.
Worf and Gowron are good characters, and Dax. I say Dax 'cause I'm not just talking about Jadzia and Ezri, but all of Dax's hosts. I think I read that book The Lives of Dax a couple of times, and I wish the show had been able to play up that angle.
Who else? I like B'Elana from Voyager in that she's all torn up on the inside and was constantly battling her dual heritage, but I guess that's why so many people love Spock. I can relate more to her, though, since I tend to be a bit hot-blooded myself.
And I love the Andorian from the post-Sisko DS9. I've gotta look up his name, but I do like how the writer finally brings out the whole aspect of Andorian "marriage" that no one else has really mentioned.
and omg I love Q! I recommend everyone read the book I,Q (written by Peter David, who is one of my favorite authors). I love this book.
Who else?
Oh! There's also this other book I have... I can't remember the name of it right now, but it's about Amanda and Sarek's love. It's made me want that ~so~ badly. It's an amazing relationship they had, and it kinda puts a new spin on the whole Emotionless Vulcan persona that's so infamous.

How'd this turn in to a post about star trek?
*sigh*
I'm gonna link to all the books mentioned above, just in case anyone happens to care.

remind me sometime to make a list of all the st books I already own... that way I won't accidently repurchase a book. lol.

::: posted by tinafish at 1:01 AM :::