Sunday, May 23, 2004 :::

my niece and nephew are here!!!
 

well not physically here right this minute, but they were yesterday... and they'll probably be coming over again today.
We played an "incredibly boring game," according to my niece, i.e. Risk. It was a pretty bad game. My nephew Pabs had us rent that movie You Got Served, which Sandra (my niece) and I sat through... and we both complained the whole time about how dumb the movie was. David made a few token appearances (he was in the "dining area" paying bills) to make dumb comments to which both Sandra and I would tell him to go back to paying bills.
Oh about the game. Yeah. Pabs was just attacking and attacking and attacking... and he was dead in 3 rounds. Then I had some really bad rolls and I couldn't take over Greenland (which was all I lacked of North America) and my bad luck continued when David took over New Guinea and I lost my continent. He also gave Sandra a romping... and since both kids looked rather uninterested I forfeited my territories and the game was over.
We had ice cream. It's kinda funny, 'cause my sis was like, "blah blah blah no ice cream blah." And the first thing we do here is have ice cream. And then when we rented those movies we stopped at Dairy Queen and had more ice cream.
.oO(Gloria's gonna kill me)
So anyway. The plan had been to take them to the movies, but they've seen everything that was showing at the time we could go. Except Van Helsing, but only 'cause Pabs is a wuss so they didn't want to see it.
I guess they'll be coming over again today, if they want to.
I like 'em, only... they kinda don't really say anything. Like when I ask them what kind of music they listen to, they were like.. "whatever you listen to" so it's kinda weird. They used to be so opinionated with me, but now they're acting like I used to act around my brother.
I used to worry that my brother wouldn't think I was "cool" if I told him what I really wanted to do, or what I really wanted to watch, or whatever. It kinda hurts to see them acting this way... like they don't really know me anymore. And I guess that's the truth. We don't really know each other anymore. But she was my first niece, and we used to do lots of things together. Now I can't even get her to tell me what radio station she wants to listen to.
*sigh*

So today's plans. Either we can have dinner w/ F1 and his "friend" or the kids can come over. Most likely the kids'll come over either way, since David's gonna be running around for most of the afternoon. He's gone to grab us something for lunch, then he's gotta go to the office to do something, and then he's gonna visit his mom.
Well. I'm gonna call the kids now. The dinner w/ F1 won't be 'till ~ 1900, so I've got some time to spare.

::: posted by tinafish at 2:30 PM :::