Tuesday, June 08, 2004 :::

bleh
 

So yesterday was a really long day... And I have the feeling today's gonna be a really long day too.
I've been waking up absurdly early lately - ~ 1030 for the last few days. And on Sunday night I didn't get to bed 'till ~ 0730 or so, and these last couple of days I've been going to bed @ ~ 0330.
So I dunno why I'm waking up so early.

Yesterday I had lunch with my friend DF. He and I used to date, and really funny story about how we split up and something that was supposed to happen this past weekend.
See DF and I were dating right before my david and I started dating. It had been about a year since I'd moved up here, and that first year was a real whirlwind. I did the whole engaged thing then the dating thing and I was changing boyfriends every 2 months. But I was really into DF, and I had reached that point emotionally where I felt I was finally ready to accept someone for who they are and stop comparing them to the ex.
So I guess it was either Christmas day or the day after, but DF came over and we exchanged gifts at the park in front of my house.
And he was going to California for a couple of weeks. And then he was gone.
The two weeks came and went and he never called. After a month had gone by I got the hint.
Then I started dating 5 or so guys - just dating around and not committing myself to anyone. That's when I met my david. About another month later DF called to explain himself. I got a real kick out of it - this was the first time I'd ever gotten shafted. What I found the most funny was how the girl who had introduced us was talking garbage about him when just a couple of weeks earlier she'd been telling me how awesome he is.
So anyway. Back to the present. He was supposed to go to California this past weekend. He'd stopped by to drop off an app to his place of employment and mentioned he was gonna take that trip. I teased him saying I hoped he wasn't gonna forget about his current gf.
lol.
I promise it was really funny at the time.
So yes. We had lunch yesterday, just catching up and stuff. I turned in that app so maybe they'll call me!
*hopeful*

I'm supposed to go to home depot today w/ my sis to go look at wallpaper and paint and stuff. I really hate doing these things by myself. It's not so much that I want her opinion (we have different tastes) but rather just her company.
Well, time to take the dogs out.

::: posted by tinafish at 12:49 PM :::