Friday, June 11, 2004 :::

"...the wonder of lasagna."
 

mmmmmmmm lasagna.
I'm having one of those moments where I feel blessed to have david in my life.

We just got back from watching Garfield. It was a great movie - loads better than I expected.
The opening scene was kinda a disappointment, so I was really worried for a while, but the movie turned out really well.
And OMG Odie is ~so~ cute!!!!

After the movie I was really in the mood for lasgna, but since it's so late there's not place to just pick some up... so we stopped by walmart and he bought me lasagna and garlic bread.
He's such a sweetie.

My neice, nephew, their babysister, their babysitter's kid, david, and I all went to see it.
(check my moblog for a pic of my neice's hair)
I really had a good time this evening.

I really had a good time today in general, not just this evening. I got to spend more time with david than I have since... since we went to Houston over Christmas break. I also got to spend a good amount of time with my neice, and also w/ david's mom.
But I did manage to make david's mom think I'm a total flake. *sigh*
She was sweeping - like with a broom... and I go and spazz out trying to find one of those little scooper things to pick up the dirt and stuff... only I can't remember what they're called. So I'm all embarrassed, and I dunno why I say this, but I said, "Sorry, cleaning's not our forte," (meaning me and my neice). I tried to explain that up until a couple of months ago (whenever david made me mop the little kitchen area at the apt) I'd never mopped in my life, and that most likely my neice has never mopped in her life. She's only 13, you know. So I asked my neice and she was like, "no, I've never mopped." And david's mom just kinda looked at both of us and nodded and just smiled.
I could just hear her thinking, "these girls are useless."
See earlier david was asking how you fixed holes in the walls (like thumb tack holes and such) and I was like, "with spackle you useless boy." And I dunno... maybe I shouldn't have said that in front of his mom. I was just kidding...
I'm sure there are lots of grown men who don't know what spackle is.
*rolling eyes*

Anyway. I had a really great time this whole day.
And I feel blessed.

::: posted by tinafish at 11:48 PM :::