Sunday, July 18, 2004 :::

feeling insignificant... again...
 

I made this post once, talking about how I felt when I was putting a new sink fixture into my sister�s bathroom.
Now... well... I feel really different.
With all this that�s been going on with david and �fixing up� the house... well now I�m sincerely glad my father even allowed me to put in the fixture myself. Looking back on it, and taking into consideration how david and his entire family treat me, my father could have just sent me away and done it himself.
I was talking to my sister about this... she thinks I�m insane. I really do feel hurt that he�s having all these people come in and do these home improvement things that I feel he and I should be doing. And if he doesn�t want to do it, well honestly... I do. I enjoy working on things. I like the feeling I get when I�ve spent the last few hours working on something and I when I�m done I can just step back and be proud of what I�ve done.
Like that sink. Or the guest bedroom back home. Or anything else I�ve ever done.
It really does hurt my feelings that david bringing other people in here to do these things that could make him a well-rounded person if he just took the time to read the directions.
I guess my whole idea is flawed... �cause yeah... putting in ceiling fans ourselves could lead to electrocution or the house burning down... or something else. But it could also lead to him being proud of something we�ve done.
I�m not sure why I feel this way. Like I was saying, my sister thinks I�m crazy. She�d rather have someone else do any sort of manual labor as opposed to having to do it herself. She might break a nail. *rolling eyes*
Just at some point or another I�ve done the things he keeps calling his family in for. And I�ve done them better than his family is doing it.
They aren�t even using in sautering iron to install the fans.
And they didn�t use caulk to seal the sink.
*sigh*
But heaven knows I can�t do it.

::: posted by tinafish at 12:32 PM :::