Thursday, July 15, 2004 :::

yay! I'm up early!
 

I'm gonna go grab my friend lus and go out for brkfst... we'll probably go work out too.
*yawn*

I couldn't find the black light last night, so we didn't end up taking it to the apt. I shined my little flashlight up on the ceiling and then we turned off all the lights, in hope of seeing the drawing and being able to remove it using that crayon eraser stuff.
We started to scrub, but it's a textured ceiling and bits of it started to come off.
So the next tenants may get a bit of a shock.

I re-caulked the tub last night, only I didn't do a very good job of getting rid of all the stains before applying my strip of caulk. Taken alone my strip looked fine, only the previous strip was loads wider... and since I didn't get rid of all the stains you could still see some of them.
*sigh*
and I got caulk on my favorite shirt and jammies, so I had to wash it out in the sink... so I was wearing sogging clothes on the way home.

I'm gonna join netflix as soon as I can. I'm not real sure how it works... mostly I wanna use it to rent all the star trek episodes, stargate episodes, and other assorted sci fi shows. Also, I'm hoping they have McGuyver (sp?) 'cause I don't really remember anything about it except that McGuyver's now running the show on StarGate. w00t!
I was trying to convince david to get rid of cable and to get another netflix acct, but I just saw that netflix has more than just one rental plan. So I'm thinking I'll just get the $30 plan and really live it up.

That's gonna be my one splurge each month. Aside from that I'm gonna be paying my bills and pouring money back into my savings acct. And it's really gotta be more than just a thousand in savings. I went through that really quickly. I'm not sure how much, but it's gotta be more than that.
Also I've gotta start saving money for Christmas presents. I've already decided what I'm gonna get david for christmas... depending on how much money I want to spend will only determine the size of the gift, not what I'm giving.
I'm not sure what kind of benefits convergys offers... or if they even offer benefits at all. But yeah I should be doing loads better now that I've got a job. I'm gonna try to not be like, just buying things 'cause I have an income again. What I really need to do is get myself out of debt, that way if something like this happens again I won't be slammed into such a tough spot.
And also... since I'm serious about joining the Peace Corps, I need to start saving to pay off my school loans when I graduate.

I'm listening to Limp Bizkit right now... haven't listened to them in aaaaages.

::: posted by tinafish at 7:35 AM :::