Tuesday, September 14, 2004 :::

it's as good a reason as any...
 

I've grown up with staunch beliefs when it comes to consuming alcoholic beverages, and how I choose to associate w/ people who consume alcoholic beverages.
Before I go any further, I don't want this to turn into that mudflinging fiasco that happened last time I mentioned someone drinking. I AM NOT CALLING ANYONE AN ALCOHOLIC.

The extent of my drinking includes 3 glasses of jungle juice spread out over 3 different halloweens, accidently drinking a bit of a screwdriver, having a sip of long island ice tea (I didn't know there was no tea in it), and a few gulps of something that was in a sprite bottle (I had thought it was sprite).
I'm 22 years old. I was always the one driving people home and making sure everyone kept their pants on and such.
So now I'm gonna give it a whirl myself.

I'm scared, though.
Part of me is afraid that I won't like it. That I'll make a big mess and be a complete fool.
The other part of me is afraid that I ~will~ like it. I'm not sure why I'm so afraid of that... I've got this knot in my stomach and it's just been getting tighter and tighter as time goes by. I can't hardly imagine what I'll feel like after work.

I've always wanted to go on a date to one of those expensive restaurants that you actually have to dress up to go to... I've always wanted to be able to have a glass of wine over a fancy dinner. The whole wine and roses, ya know?
And I guess I'd like to have champagne at my wedding. And champagne to bring in the new year.

So see, I've been meaning to work up to this for years.
And now I'm finally gonna do it.

::: posted by tinafish at 2:18 PM :::