Wednesday, December 29, 2004 :::

here I am expecting just a little bit too much from the wounded
 

I went to bed really early last night - about 0200 or so.... and I woke up really early too - about 0600.
and I was talking to a couple of friends... I'm not sure how it came up but it did... the whole bit about david and the holidays and I just really wanna love someone.
and that got me a bit depressed...
so I decided I wanted to go to speeds & get plastered.
then I decided I'd rather just go out for brkfst.
I went over to my sis's to do some laundry, get my christmas gifts, and use her phone. I called lus, no answer... then I called my friend david fraga... then lus called back... and we were off!
we were gonna go to ranch house for brkfst - he loves it there (methinks that's the place I was talking about here). We were driving by the pour house and I mentioned that we should jack around for a bit and wait for the pour house to open... so we turned around and headed to speeds.
remember how I said lus knows someone no matter where we go? well, he knew some guy sitting at the bar (sean) who was there when we got there. so we pulled up next to him... and I proceeded to nurse a gin & tonic for the next two hours.
lus also knows the barkeep (RJ). the four of us (lus, rj, sean, and me) were just sitting there talking about whatever... and they're all in their 30s... and we were talking about how I didn't used to drink... I also told the story about the gin & tonic + pineapple = gross... and... I'm not sure where it came from (looking back now I'm guessing rj just likes tequila) but rj was asking if we liked tequila... and... I'd never had tequila before.
So all 4 of us take shots... and... it's not what I expected. No lime or salt 'cause it was chilled (?). It was a lot smoother than I'd imagined, and didn't burn at all. At that point the guys were ragging on me and rj was faking insult about me not drinking the gin & tonic, so I drank it. Then I started drinking smirnoffs... and then rj brought us all red-headed sluts... a couple of times.
we played the elvis pinball machine a few times - they had just gotten it in but for whatever reason it's getting switched for the ripley's pinball machine. I dunno why. It's probably already been replaced.
Then Sammy (another guy lus knows) brought in a pizza & some buffalo wings... so we ate.
We were jacking around with some sort of TABC certified display thingy that's supposed to tell you how much you can drink over a certain period of time... and um...
then lus and I went to pour house for lunch....
we were both a bit drunk.... and... I had 2 bites of my sandwhich and I was ~stuffed~. lus had a bite of his burrito and a bite of my sandwhich and he was done.
then we left...
and I went home and went to bed.
I slept through 30 mins of my alarm going off... when I woke up I tried to email the chach but I couldn't get my mail to go through...
so yeah.
I wonder how lus is holding up...

::: posted by tinafish at 8:50 PM :::