Monday, February 28, 2005 :::

my unfounded fear
 

I was doing my chore for the night - vacuuming. and I had to vacuum the back part of the building... back as in far away from where we work. and since we're the only ones here right now...

I have what I've come to realize is an unhealthy fear of the dark.
I have those glade plugins w/ the nightlights in my bedroom... it's a fairly small room, and I've got 3 of them.
I use candles and such, too. not necessarily all at once, but I remember this one time adrian was complaining about the nightlights, so I unplugged them... and lit 3 candles.
I used to hate going to bed alone at night. When I was younger BoB and I used to call each other right around the time I'd go to bed... and we'd stay on the phone 'till I'd fall asleep. Even now, I do that. I'll call whoever and talk a bit 'till I'm insanely sleepy.
and I sleep most comfortably during the day. I'm not sure why... you'd think I'd sleep at night so I wouldn't spend my waking hours surrounded by darkness... I dunno.
When I have to take out the garbage here, one of the offices I have to go to is down at the end of a dark hallway, and the room also is dark. and I'm not sure what I'm expecting to happen... but I always kinda brace myself while I grope around searching for the light switch.

As far as I can recall I've never really had a bad experience... nothing that would make me afraid of the dark.
but I am.

::: posted by tinafish at 7:58 PM :::