Friday, March 18, 2005 :::

back to books
 

Lus and I went to tokyo for lunch today.
the food rawked, btw. delicious as always.
I love eating there, but I always end up spending so much money.
it's one of those japanese places where they cook in front of you.
and see... I spend a lot of money there 'cause the tip you leave is split btwn the waitress and the cook.
So I always end up leaving a $20 tip, or something outrageous like that.
today I controlled myself, though.
I wish it had lasted.

After lunch I had wanted to go buy more minutes for teh crap prepaid phone, but I rememberd that I'd been wanting to check barnes & noble for the ultimate hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy.
So we stopped by there. Just to see if they had it in stock.
We proceeded to spend 2 hours there.
I finally ended up buying on the shoulders of giants, basic writings of nietzsche and the catholic study bible.
the cable's getting cut off next week, and living by myself I won't be able to afford it. So I've decided I'm gonna go back to reading.
I haven't done much of it lately - when doke and I ~really~ weren't getting along I'd either go out, go to sleep, or read a book. I've not read anything but star trek books in a while, though.
guess we'll see how this goes.

OMFG. I just threw a pen at jordan's ear (he's hunched over his computer sitting @ ~ a 90 degree angle from me) and tim (who's sitting btwn us) just reached out his hand and blocked it.
he's back to being my bacon.

::: posted by tinafish at 5:39 PM :::