Thursday, March 24, 2005 :::

take me away video game character!
 

me, the anarchist hippie, doke, and doke's friend (we'll call him mr. potato head) all spent most of the night playing video games.
well, both the anarchist hippie and mr. potato head left ~ 0300.
doke and I stayed up and played some more tekken. we played in arcade mode, to earn gold to customize the characters.
I spent pretty much all the money I'd acquired over the course of owning the game customizing... you guessed it, devil jin.
/me drools

funny thing is - for about 60 matches or so doke and I couldn't see a pattern to our ranking.
it was like... one minute we were 3rd kyu and the next we were 8th kyu, then up to 2nd kyu, then back to beginner.
I was like, "is this ranking system some kind of sick joke?"
with promotion matches being fought seemingly sporadically, it was an emotional rollercoaster!
lol
'till it occurred to me that the rank was probably associated w/ the character we were fighting with.
and it's true.
it took a while for me to make the connection... in my defense, I'd had a slurpee (sp?).
not just ~any~ slurpee, though. it was a mt dew slurpy.
when we got back from 7-eleven I poured about a fourth of a bottle of parrot bay into it.
the anarchist hippie put malibu in his.
... which reminds me - I'm still out of crown.

but drunken video games are awesome! I played some soul calibur (in keeping w/ tradition) w/ the anarchist hippie 'till doke & mr potato head got back. he and I were playing w/ infinite health - 'till ring out. It was great fun... only... it took a helluva long time.
still great fun, though.
then the guys got back and the 4 of us took turns.
also the anarchist hippie and I had played some tekken 5 not too long after he came over... he's crazy, ya'll.
he was playing as law and I was playing as devil jin.
it was awesome.

and here's a big surprise - my highest ranking tekken character is steve fox atm.
wierd, since I don't usually even play w/ the guy.
but he's a trooper; I played about 20 matches straight w/ him.
so I'm tipping my hat to my friend DF, who regularly plays w/ steve.
\m/

::: posted by tinafish at 6:44 AM :::