Wednesday, April 13, 2005 :::

is it making you nauseous, love?
 

doke mentioned how I used to say the chach's website made me nauseous, since all he ever did was talk about how awesome his chick... erm... fianc�e.... is.
so I won't mention how awesome justin is.
he came over for a bit last night, we had a talk... reached a decision we can both live with... and that was that.
before too long he went home, but he did stop by this morning (really - it was before noon) for a while.
/me smile

anyhow... yesterday was the married d00d's bday... he's 23 now. his wife, laura, who I know from the hospital, came by with german chocolate brownies. we all sang and he blew out the candles... then cut the brownie into 12 pieces... 3 for each of us (laura didn't want any).
I'd felt kinda bad... since I took tim a pie for his bday, I should've done the same for josh. but I didn't find out about it 'till he got to work last night...
guess it's the thought that counts.

I watched secondhand lions this morning. it's such a great movie... here are some quotes that brought/bring tears to my eyes:

"who do you think you are, old man?!?"
"I'm hub mccann.
I fought in two world wars and countless smaller ones on three continents.
I led thousands of men into battle with everything from horses and swords to artillitary and tanks.
I've seen the headwaters of the nile, and tribes of natives no white man had seen before.
I've won and lost a dozen fortunes, killed many men, and loved only one woman - with a passion a flea like you could never begin to understand.
that's who I am."

"sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things that a man needs to believe in the most.
that people are basically good.
that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything.
that power and money, money and power mean nothing.
that good always triumphs over evil.
and I want you to remember this - that love... true love never dies. you remember that, boy.
doesn't matter if it's true or not, see... a man should believe in those things 'cause those are the things worth believing in."


both of those are said by hub (robert duvall's character). it's a wonderful movie, and I wouldn't mind owning it.
for now, though... I should probably send it back to netflix.
I ~finally~ sent back my stargate dvds, after I watched 'em last night.
so all that's left is Saved! for me to watch.... but crouching tiger hidden dragon should be here on friday.

::: posted by tinafish at 3:03 PM :::