Sunday, June 05, 2005 :::

for a few minutes, this place was armageddon!
 

dunno if you noticed, but my away message earlier alluded to my plan to go swimming in the pool with the anarchist hippie...
and now... I was kinda sad 'cause it looked stormy out, but I was glad 'cause at least I wouldn't get a sunburn from being out during the day.
(yes, I know... I'm a ~horrible~ hispanic... I sunburn and I can't handle spicy foods)
so I ignored the warnings of my weather widget:



and since it wasn't raining or anything, just kinda cloudy, I thought we'd go for a swim anyway.

maybe 10 mins in there was a light drizzle for a couple of minutes then it cleared up...
and 20 mins later there was a bit of hail... pea sized for about a minute, maybe a minute and a half... then clear again...
and 20 mins after that... omfg it started raining pretty hard and then hail! not pea-sized again, oh no - ping pong ball sized!
instead of us running back to my apt, we strecthed our hoodies out over us and just sat on the bench at the pool...
it wasn't so bad, only... the anarchist hippie took one in the head when we were getting out of the pool, and one that sneaked through our protective hoodie layer gave me a bruise on my thigh.
this riot lasted about 10 mins... then it cleared up again.

we got back in the pool, for another half hour or so, then came back to my apt.
I showered & changed and the anarchist hippie dried off and changed... then we went questing for tacos.

and that, my dear, is how I have spent my afternoon off.

::: posted by tinafish at 9:38 PM :::