Monday, July 25, 2005 :::

drunken tekken is always fun
 

after work on saturday lus and I went out for lunch, to this place here in town called Richard's (awesome home-made ice cream, btw) and then headed out to wayne's to buy some liquor and beer.
we ended up with a bottle of special reserve, a huge bottle of j�germeister, and 2 cases of modelo.
then the anarchist hippie came over... we called and invited his sidekick and then called and invited aj. neither showed up.
so we played tekken for a couple of hours, then spent some time throwing rocks at this cat that was stuck in a tree... talked a bit to one of my neighbors, and then called a cab for the anarchist hippie.

we always have the strangest experiences with cabbies.
we'd spent at least 10 mins preaching to javi-er about not driving drunk... how cabs make getting home safely an option... you know how the story goes...
then he gets up to use the toilet just as his cab pulls up. so lus & I go outside to talk to the cabbie while javi-er empties his bladder...
and from 50 feet away the cab driver sees the bottle of crown in my dimly lit living room.
he asks, and we offer him a drink. to our surprise, he accepts.
so he comes inside and we all take a huge shot (where a huge shot equals 3 and a half oz)... and he coughs and snorts and kinda spits up (dunno why he didn't just keep swallowing) and then I think both he and javi-er took a beer for the road.
/me shaking head

then lus and I stayed up just talking... only... I woke up friday afternoon before work, did the whole taco thing, slept for 2 hours before work on saturday... then proceeded to not take a nap after work on saturday afternoon...
and I didn't get to bed 'till ~ 0730 or so sunday morning.
yikes.
I was fairly sober by then, so the lack of sleep really caught up to me.
so I slept 'till sunday night...

I had a really good time.
for a while I was playing tekken upside down, and we were all so drunk I was seriously holding my own.
great fun, ya'll.
we never did get around to playing soul cal while trashed, but overall it was a blast.
we nearly finished the bottle of crown and put a helluva dent in the bottle of jager... and I think they near finished one of the cases of modelo.
and I vaguely remember lus trying to borrow my copy of tekken 5... and him riding home sunday morning.
he and I don't spend nearly as much time together as we used to; he's a great guy and I've missed him.

::: posted by tinafish at 5:42 PM :::