Thursday, July 21, 2005 :::

songs about me
 

so the anarchist hippie and I went to walmart last night... we stopped at an atm so I could deposit some cash... when it gave me my receipt I wadded it up and threw it in my back seat.
he said something about how I should keep that receipt... and then I launched into the story from 2 christmases ago... when david gave me that christmas gift wrapped in receipts that I mention here.
and I got all nostalgic and teary eyed and stuff... it was times like that... that made me think it was worth doing, ya know? that he'd realize it's not about how much he spent, but how much of himself he put in it.
/me sigh

there's this country song called used to the pain (Used to the Pain) that I heard a few weeks ago. at the time I kinda related to it, but now... it just echoes how I feel inside.

      but I, won't go so far as to say that I'm fine;
      too much of what I've felt for you remains.
      I'd like to believe in the healing hands of time,
      but the truth is I really can't say...
      if I'm gettin' better or just used to the pain.

::: posted by tinafish at 4:12 PM :::