Monday, October 17, 2005 :::

it's a great day to be alive
 

I'm mostly moved, with only my loveseat, futon, dishes, and bathroom stuff still at my apt.
I went by my sister's this morning before work (since I've moved all my books) and I found a couple of awesome things waiting for me - adrian got me some flowers (with a sweet card) and bonnie made me a chocolate banana loaf.
so I'm in a great mood.

adrian and I watched 8 episodes of ds9 on saturday night... it's one of the greatest things that he's a scifi fan. and last night we watched days of thunder.
oh and get this - I think it was last christmas my dad's chick got me one of those over-the-toilet space saver things. I decided yesterday afternoon that adrian & I should put it together.
now... I should have recalled that the little shelves he's got in his bedroom are uh... well... one of the pieces is upside down and backwards. and I put together some shelves for my sis... and one of the pieces I put in backwards.
can you see where I'm going with this? lol.
first I couldn't match all the pieces to the pictures (it hadn't occured to me to turn some of the pieces over) and then the first step adrian couldn't get the pieces to stick (they were upside down)... rofl... it was a lot of fun, though. the finished product is um... well... it's got personality.

adrian, my dad, and I moved my couch saturday afternoon. it near killed them (it's got a fold out bed so it's absurdly heavy).
plus it was tech's homecoming and traffic was bad, but I had a really good time gloating (I'd recommended we should go around through a residential neighborhood but they decided to take one of the main roads, so we spent about 30 mins in traffic instead of about the 5 mins it usually takes).

oh and merle haggard's coming to lubbock at the end of the month.
I'm gonna try to get both adrian and the anarchist hippie out there with me.
/me crosses fingers

::: posted by tinafish at 12:48 PM :::