Sunday, October 30, 2005 :::

my sobriety is waning
 

I spent most of the day at my sis's yesterday - painting over portions of wall that I'd spackled...
adrian came by for a bit before he ran off to see a hockey game (he's a big hockey fan) and after he left my sis & I watched tv for a while.
I'm pretty stoked - got to watch some csi, law & order, sg1, atlantis, and a few infomercials. I like infomercials plenty, and if my sis hadn't dozed off I'm near certain she & I would be the proud owners of new cooking/baking wear and assorted new makeup.
but alas she was asleep (and snoring) so I went back to my apt - watched 6 episodes of ds9, including the wire (an episode I've never seen but have read about)... I was so stoked at the end of the episode, where my favorite garak quote comes from -
Bashir: So of the stories you told me, which ones were true?
Garak: My dear doctor, all of them were true.
Bashir: What about the lies?
Garak: Especially the lies.
while watching (particularly there at the end) I was uncommonly aware that adrian was not watching with me. I rolled over beaming at the end of the episode... to bruce lee staring back at me (I've a bruce lee fabric poster hanging over the window in the "tv room"). I thought about calling & telling him about it, but I figured since it was ~ 0500 he'd probably just growl at me and hang up. oh well.

now I'm at work, with tooter (who is suffering from an apparently obscene hangover) just waiting on it to be time to go home.
I was driving past the pour house on my way home from my sis's last night... I realized I could've had an extra hour at the bar last night.
/me salivates
think I should go to meetings or something

::: posted by tinafish at 1:38 PM :::