Sunday, October 09, 2005 :::

reflection in the black tinted glass
 

ok so like... adrian and I went to the theatre last night... I was hoping to see serenity again, but since he was buying we ended up watching a history of violence.
it took me back to this one long conv I had with my friend demetrius aaaages ago... how I'd rather have my nieces and nephews watch something like bloodsport (lots of action/violence) than original sin (lots of sex).
some of the kills in ahov were gruesome... I mostly chuckled.
for the sex scenes, though... I was mostly shocked.
there was this one scene where you see tom put his head down btwn his wife's legs, holding her little skirt down, followed by them maneuvering into the ever-popular 69... later there's another sex scene, that I thought seemed a bit out of place, followed by a full-frontal of her that I didn't think was allowed w/ just an "r" rating.
there was no real closure at the end, and a lot of the people around us seemed a bit disgruntled.
the preview in no way hinted at the uh... moral implications of the film.
/me shrug
I've still not decided if I like it or not.

::: posted by tinafish at 1:47 PM :::