Wednesday, November 23, 2005 :::

expensive items my ass
 

so adrian beat both ogres (the end boss of the devil within) in about 15 minutes.
I spent at least half an hour getting owned by ogre.
adrian beat him on his 4th try.
on one hand I was stoked 'cause we'd finally beaten the devil within...
on the other hand I was peeved 'cause it just goes to show how much I suck ass at action/adventure games.
seriously - my jumping skills (while they have vastly improved since I began playing) still suck.
so that's that.
now I've gotta go through and collect "evil symbols" to trade for costly items in the customization shop. only I don't get to choose what I trade for.
and the "evil symbols" are just an red image of that tatoo jin has on his arm.
I think I'll call them "sexy symbols" instead.

so there's this one room on level 3... the sexy symbol is up in the corner much too high to reach with a mere double jump.
and there's a couple of hover carts (you can move 'em around the room for about 10 seconds before they go back to where you found 'em)... hafta push the cart to the other end of the room... double jump onto this ledge... then jump onto this stone that falls right after you touch it... double jump from there back around a pillar to some more falling stones... run across those & double jump into a corner to grab the sexy symbol.
did I mention my jumping skills suck?
I tried for about... an hour, I'd say... I didn't get to the second set of falling stones but 3 times, and when I did get that far I didn't jump out close enough to the sexy symbol to grab it.
ugh!
and that particular sexy symbol is that one that trades in for kazuya's wings!
the only reason I'm replaying the game is for free wings!
UGH!

so yes.
still no ps1 memory card, so for now all I'll be doing is playing (and by playing I mean bitching about) the devil within in tekken 5 and weapons master in soul calibur 2.
as soon as I get that card in the mail I'm ripping open ff7...
and probably running through tekken 3 again since I'll finally be able to save.

::: posted by tinafish at 2:38 PM :::