Thursday, January 19, 2006 :::

viva cuervo
 

I guess I forgot to mention it on here, but over my week long vacation....
I set myself on fire.

see, I was putting the face plate thing on an electrical outlet...
but the outlet was too far in. so I unscrewed it a bit to get it closer to flush with the wall...
only there was spackle or something on it.
so I take my screwdriver and start to chip off the gunk.
and then it slips.
it doesn't go into the prong-holes (hopefully you know what I'm talking about), but slips behind the outlet itself.
and connects to the wires that plug into the outlet.
/me sigh

big spark, followed by smaller ones.

my screwdriver was charred.
my fingers were numb.
my pants were on fire.

I told my dad about this a couple of days ago (he spent christmas at my bro's in dallas) and all he did was kinda shake his head and tell me "you hafta be sure to cut the power when you do anything electrical."
he's right, I know, but I hadn't planned on doing anything aside from putting the face plate on.
the really funny part is, while being shocked, apparently I screamed.
half an hour after all that happened my sis came into my room to ask what happened.
half an hour.
/me shaking head

::: posted by tinafish at 2:30 PM :::