Monday, April 17, 2006 :::

why would he be anyone else?
 

lus & I were sitting out on my patio late last night...
he said something funny, and I remember thinking, 'I should use that as a post title."
but now, only a few hours later, I've completely forgotten what he said.
oh well.

I got together with the unresponsive maniac friday night... got the 512 mb ram into the new ibook... was a surprisingly easy process.
then we watched equilibrium (first time I saw it I mostly hated it, 'cause it's such a rip off of farenheit 451 & brave new world... he seemed to respond similarly) and an episode of mystery science theatre 3000 - manos: the hands of fate.
that manos movie... lol... seriously. I wanna watch it sometime, uninterrupted and all... it was... lame.
and I loved it.
lol
s'anyway. that was fun, and as I've said before he seems like a cool guy.

saturday I was supposed to have lunch with lus & one of his friends (I'm ~really~ sad that fell through), but it ended up just me & lus having an early dinner.
we hit saigon and then stopped by his nephew's house for the computer lus had before his ibook.
so now I'm the proud owner of a g4 pwrmac... speaking of which, I've gotta paypal lus. I'm looking into getting a matching monitor for it... I'll keep you updated.
saturday evening I went over to irbyface's to watch old boy. it's an interesting movie, kinda weird, but interesting.
we stayed up talking for a bit, and then I went home.

my dad bbq'ed sunday afternoon...
and then lus & I headed out to the easter bash.
I swear, I met ~so~ many people... the highlight being that guy who was supposed to join us for lunch saturday. that fella was so... I dunno... just gave off really good vibes. seemed really relaxed with himself... content, overall. relaxed and groovy, ya know?
I didn't talk to him or anything (you know how I am around people I don't know), but I did spend a few minutes enjoying the view.
lol
and seriously, though, lus is kinda like a minor celebrity or something... like, we got in for free 'cause apparently a few years back lus hosted this thing out at his dad's shop. so that was cool.
think he's given up booze for good, and I don't usually drink unless whoever I'm with is drinking, so we stayed completely sober the entire time we were there.
the last 2 bands that played (while we were there) were really good... dr skoob & the acoustic groove and muchos backflips (who were apparently named by some kid), so check 'em out if you ever get the chance.
the whole thing was this really warm experience, and I'm super glad we went out there.

::: posted by tinafish at 9:09 AM :::