Monday, June 12, 2006 :::

whenever I can lead you astray
 

I had a mostly wonderful weekend - I believe the only part that wasn't awesome was the sunburn.
friday I played WoW.... saturday I played disc golf with doke, played more WoW, and had a late dinner/early brkfst with lus... and sunday I played more WoW.
now I know what you're thinking - "wow tina that's a lot of WoW."
it's not any more than the amts of ffx I'd been playing.
/me shrug
but I've got some awesome screenshots I'd like to share... I'll get to that before too long.

what's really been itching is my day with doke.
I'd expected a couple of hours out there... turns out we were there for ~ 7 or so.
I got a bit burned; that's more sun than I've seen in years.
I had a really good time. seriously - a really good time.
I'd mostly expected him to push me into the water... things ended on a pretty sour note btwn us.
but we laughed a lot... and it was remarkably easy to talk to him.
and gawd I suck ass at disc golf.
really I'm just... surprised we got along so well.
and while I can understand his reasoning, I'm kinda sad I won't be seeing more of him.
I kinda wanna say a bit more, but I don't think he'd appreciate it.

and world of warcraft...
I do like it. really it's not much different than what I've been spending most of my time doing.
I opted for the same server milkdud's on, and I've talked a couple of my friends into creating characters there as well. I've even made a few friends there.
speaking of friends...
I met this fella yamatsuro there night before last. we were questing together for about 3 hours or so... I picked up skinning so I was running around skinning tigers... and these spiders that attack you if you get too close - well, they attacked him.
so I'm standing over this carcass skinning when I see him run across the screen (he's a warrior so he's got a sword & shield) being chased by this huge spider (they're about waist high & awful angry). I finish skinning in time to throw a knife, but by that time the spider's caught up to him and killed him.
so like any good questing partner would do - I laid down next to his body.
and took a screenshot.



I just wish I'd gotten one of him running away with the spider chasing him.

::: posted by tinafish at 9:01 PM :::