Saturday, September 09, 2006 :::

we didn't even make it out of the town!
 

so lus and I ended up leaving-leaving at about midnight.
we get pulled over in wolforth - that town is within 10 miles of lubbock.
seriously.

it was so awesome ya'll... I got to sit in the back of a police car!
the copper searched our car... methinks there was a bit of racial profiling going on (the cop actually put that in my head, when he said "now I'm not racial profiling..." which is, well, suspicious).

we stopped a few times on the way in to look around (we totally took the "shortcut" through new mexico, and while it didn't save us any time I totally enjoyed the view - full moon ftw!), and lus got spooked at the first mention of bears (/me glances in doke's direction) and mountain lions when we were reading this landmark sign.

so we've gotten checked into our hotel... it's like... pretty awesome.
used to be a 5star back in the day... the lobby looks ~super~ cool... there's even a picasso painting hanging out down there.
there's webtv here, which is lame, but also wifi, which is awesome.
and brkfst is being served now, and we've been up all night driving (the trip totally seemed to last only a few hours) and my tummy's a rumblin'.

and I totally called my sis the moment that cop let us leave, to tell her the awesome news of me being in the back of a police car. she was quite disgusted, and recommended (along with lus's mom) we ~not~ go across.
I think we will.
and omg there's a luby's!
I ~love~ luby's.
... oooh brkfst.

::: posted by tinafish at 7:49 AM :::