Wednesday, January 16, 2008 :::

I am so fucking awesome
 

remember, about a year ago, when my wow account got "compromised"?
well, it's happened again.
about 0630 this morning budd woke me asking if I'd given out my login info.

almost all my priest's pve gear, including my recently-acquired staff, is gone. all her gold (I finally had enough for an epic flying *cry*) and almost all her bank items. thank gawd you can't vendor pvp gear, or she'd be naked.
my mage had all her gold and her items (banks included this time) taken, but didn't lose any gear. and according the the guild bank logs, she took all that gold, too.
my rogue had most items in her bank taken (loads of leather, but they left all her uncured hide) and bags taken. and gold, of course... but her gear also seems to be intact. and weird - they left her four of portals, though now that I look it up it doesn't seem to be worth much.
my lowbie hunter only had her gold taken. all her gear and items are still there.
my druid's bank is intact, as well as her gear. all that's gone is her gold.
my warlock was completely left alone. I didn't think to check guild to see how long it's been since she was logged in. just checked that - looks like they didn't bother with anyone under 20.
and lol @ my hunter. I just logged into her... did I mention that when budd noticed she was logged in this morning (while I was still curled up in bed) she was in dire maul (a lvl 55-60 dungeon)? it would seem they were using her to farm things. while she has substantially less gold than what I left her with (250g down from 385g), she's also got a shitload (read: 25+) of bind on pickup items (plus several boe) that will vendor for between ~2g and 6g each. and omg they respec'ed her! from beast mastery to marksman! I'm so amused by that. her gear's intact, but her items are cleaned out. according to the guild log she's the one who took out all the items... and I'm assuming "her" gold's gone too, and what she's got is what they made while farming.
my paladin... most of her bank is in place, aside from some higher level leatherworking items she was carrying because I lack storage space. her bags are almost empty and her gold's gone.
my shaman's untouched. remind me to start keeping all my gold and restrict guild bank access to someone who's < level 20. =/
they deleted my level 1 gnome warrior! those bastards! in his place is a level 1 human female, also a warrior. he had maybe 10g on him, and a shitload of silk.

so yes. those are my characters. and what they're missing.
all in all over 7000 gold and who knows how much all my items and gear were worth.
guess we'll see what blizzard decides to do for me (since this is my second strike).

::: posted by tinafish at 10:10 AM :::