Wednesday, June 18, 2008 :::

my penis has a first name, it's fuck-you-in-the-ass
 

BoB's birthday was on monday, and we had our usual 'happy birthday' conversation.
it wasn't until afterwards that I realized our anniversary had come and gone and it hadn't really phased me.
I can't tell if I'm happy or sad about that. on one hand, it's great I'm not still fussing over him like I used to. on the other hand, what happened to never forgetting your first love?
*shrug*

budd & I are hoping to move into a duplex, preferably one on north clinton avenue, near our friend mazikeen.
we went over this past weekend and let me tell you, her place is NICE. NICE, even.
I'm betting at least $800/month, but split between the two of us that isn't too terribly bad.
well, it is kinda pricey, but honestly... after living here, I'm willing to deal with a steep price just to live somewhere with nice walls, non-leaky ceilings, a pantry (!!!), beautiful carpet, and a working thermostat.
now if only we could get in touch with the duplex owner to set something up! I've even tried contacted a real estate agent with the company that rents other duplexes in the neighborhood with no luck. :(

we did go look at sagewood, and.... we weren't too impressed.
while both of their two bedroom floorplans have pantries, the larger one (no w/d connections) is seriously dated looking and the smaller one has almost no counter space.
I guess if we can't get into one of those duplexes I'll try and make a push to move into sagewood.
while it's not that great, it's still a ton better than living here.

I'm still kicking myself over moving us out of ashton pointe, but after looking at their website I see that their prices have gone up considerably.
I believe that when we were living there we were paying somewhere ~ $700 a month. now, for the same apt, it's listed as $889 to $1010 a month. yikes. that's a huge increase in just a year.
but I could be wrong about how much we were paying.... maybe $750? still, that's a big jump.

we had two new guys start at the office.
supposedly my schedule's moving to 8-5. that'd be nice.
I'm still trying to get a job at tech, but I haven't heard back from anyone.
I also dropped $800 to pay off my balance at the local community college, so hopefully I can get back into school sometime soon. I've gotta call them in the morning and see what else I need to take care of to get enrolled again.
just a class, maybe two... but it's better than nothing.
and I don't feel so desperate since I know I'm working on changing my situation.
it's no front crawl, but a dog paddle is better than sinking, ya?

oh and my buddy forsaken sent me a link to a pretty funny comic, tentacle monsters and the women who love them.
it's pretty vulgar, and I haven't read all of it, but I'm pretty amused with what I've seen so far.

::: posted by tinafish at 11:05 PM :::