Thursday, August 12, 2010 :::

ice cream 4: s'mores
 

hrm.
it's been a while since I ate this one, but I haven't gotten around to blogging since I've been busy playing dress up.
well, the chocolate ice cream was pretty great. which is a good thing, you know, since it's the bigger portion of the pint.
from the description it sounded like it'd be rocky road but with no nuts and added cinnamon.
and I love me some cinnamon.
there were marshmallows, I guess, but I don't know that I can differentiate between "cold marshmallow" and "cold toasted marshmallow." maybe if I was more of a marshmallow connoisseur, but my love of fish sticks leaves room for no other!
the places where the cinnamon swirl were... like, it made the ice cream come off in chunks. does that make any sense? wherever the cinnamon swirl was the ice cream would come off in huge spoonfuls along the cinnamon-fault line, rather than just a regular spoonful. not bad, just kind of inconvenient.
supposedly it had bits of fudge, and it probably did, just I don't remember them.
so yes. pretty similar to rocky road, imo. just with cinnamon instead of nuts. maybe, anyway. now that I think about it all I know is rocky road is chocolate ice cream with marshmallows and some kind of nuts? just googled it, and indeed rocky road is chocolate ice cream with marshmallows and usually bits of almonds. according to wikipedia it's the 10th most popular ice cream flavor. but wikipedia lies (read: I am still crushed by the biblioburro incident).

biggest pro: yum chocolate ice cream
biggest con: cinnamon fault lines

TLDR: blue bell's rocky road is cheaper and easier to handle

::: posted by tinafish at 10:19 PM :::