Friday, August 06, 2010 :::

WoW RP clothes
 

so you know how I'm a chick? well in case you didn't, I am.
and I play a lot of WoW, right?
I collect non-combat pets and mounts.
I have a full set of the biggest bags in the game (well, minus 1 bag slot and 3 last-expansion's-biggest-herb-bags) with all bag slots purchased in my bank.
those bags slots used to be filled with assorted pets and mounts (before blizzard made them not take up any inventory space in this expansion).
now I collect clothes. and some cool looking weapons.
kind of.
it's gotten worse over this expansion, what with bigger bags and my mounts & pets not requiring inventory space.

I've been meaning to screenshot all the shit I have now and show y'all, 'cause that's how awesome I think it is.
I mentioned my brother being in town, right?
I'm pretty sure I did. well his daughter was intrigued with WoW and how I have one of each healer (so was my brother).
so I logged into my favorite character (the ever popular sockninja1) and decided to show them some of the outfits I've created.
my awesome fishing outfit, my cooking outfit, my full set of t6 (the bits that I actually deserved, not just stuff I can get at 80), my nearly complete t1 set2 (milkdud & I run MC almost weekly), the s2 armor that makes sock's wide & child bearing hips look not quite so wide, assorted cute dresses complete with matching MH/OH3 frill & head pieces, a yellow outfit I made when I finally got my AB tabard, and... you get the idea.

I recently acquired a chest piece that looks like a tshirt while questing on my little female creature and knew I had to get it on sock while I had the chance (before cata may-or-may-not remove the quest). so I did, and had been trying to build an outfit around it.

I picked up some awesome (lame) looking socks & sandals shoes a while back in a BWL I got invited to.
aurora pants look a lot like some rolled up jeans, and I liked the look but I've been aching to use that foot piece I just mentioned.
so I headed over to the auction house to "try on" all the leg items listed. by sheer luck I happened to find some shorts (at least, they look like shorts on a human female).
I give you the only wow shorts I've been able to find.
they went fairly well with the outfit I had in mind, so I snatched them up.
I also put on an offhand that looks like a plain black book.
I'm pretty happy with how the outfit looks so far - like I'm heading off for some light reading in the sun somewhere.

since then, though, I've been trying to find more shorts.
and I've not found anything! well I found some scandalous panties but I'm not into my priest looking like a whore. I also have seen a lot of capri type things, but I want something above the knee.
slave suggested trying wow model viewer a try, and I guess I'm gonna have to.
in the past I've tried checking a WoW database for all cloth leg items (was looking for a nice skirt to go with my sawbones shirt), but having to go through and click on each one & then also view in 3d takes FOREVER.

so I'm at a loss.
we all know how much I hate talking to people I don't know, but I'm pretty close to registering at a WoW RP clothes site and asking if folks there have seen any others.
but ugh I don't want to.

*sigh*
anyhow, I'll be back soon with a write up of my latest ice cream taste test.
for now, I'm off to try and convince budd to get me some spinach alfredo pizza. yum~

and yes, I got a bit carried away with the superscript. I know.
too bad I didn't feel like looking up go-to :P



1 give my gear a break; my guild is less-than-casual (read: dead) and I hate pugs. AND I raid mostly as holy (hence the heavy spirit) but spend most of my time as disc
2 benediction included, along with vanilla enchants :) and sometimes I LFD with 2 pallies and heal heroics in it :D
3 main hand/off hand

::: posted by tinafish at 5:39 PM :::