Sunday, October 17, 2010 :::

about that time again
 

pumpkin season!
I've already enjoyed a couple of pumpkin pie concretes from our local frozen custard establishment, and night before last I had a wonderful pumpkin spice latte at the bookstore.
anyone wanna make me smell good?

you remember my david?
it's been forever. seems like it's not even me that went through that.
anyhow, at some point before things went to shit with him, I gave him a lightwedge. remember how he uses to spend all his time studying at assorted coffee shops? the lighting was usually pretty bad and I thought it'd be helpful.
fast forward to present day.
there's one lamp that we've got over in the corner of the living room, literally across the room from where I usually sit on the couch. budd likes to keep the light on, but only at the lowest setting. me, I'm more of a leave-it-off type of person, unless I need light for something (reading) in which case I want it all the way up.
instead of continuing to argue with him about the lighting, I went out and purchased myself a lightwedge.
I feel so behind... everyone I know has either an ipad, a kindle, or a nook. with my current and future (the next 6 months at least) financial situation, about all I can afford is a book light. and to read books I already own. starting now :P
but anyway, on friday I picked up books 2 & 3 of the mortal instruments series, and got the lightwedge as well.
so far I've been pretty pleased with the light, though I'm considering exchanging it since there's a bubble in the surface that is easy to ignore but I find extremely annoying when I do notice it.

so I read the first 3 books of the mortal instruments, as I mentioned. I liked them well enough, seeing as how I've been in a sappy/fantasy/action mood lately. there will be 3 more, and I didn't find out until I'd already read the first one and bought the second and third.
I was anxious when getting close to the end of the third book - I was really worried I'd be stuck with a cliffhanger. and with the fourth book not coming out for another few months I'd have been kinda pissed that I let my sister drag me in to an incomplete series. but no worries! book 3 wraps quite up nicely, with the major story lines wrapping up (albeit a bit too conveniently).

aside from that, nothing's really been going on.
I'm still employed, for now. this month's review hinted at "administrative action" for my high call times, and though I'm still making an effort to improve I'm still about 85 seconds too high.
so I'm giving notice on nov 1. at least I'll be able to go home for thanksgiving.
my sister will be working, and I burned bridges with budd's family last year, since I'd been certain I wouldn't be with him for another holiday season. and I don't want another holiday where I stay home and play WoW while he spends the day over at his parents'.

speaking of family, budd got a new job and won't be able to take any time off for the holidays to go meet mine. I know I shouldn't hold it against him, but it's been a while now and he's never displayed the slightest interest in meeting the people who actually raised me.
I know he couldn't possibly have arranged it, but part of me resents him for being able to legitimately weasel out taking the trip.
I'm always surprised by how selfish I am.

::: posted by tinafish at 9:58 PM :::