Saturday, February 05, 2011 :::

it lives!
 

so this past wednesday & thursday my dad and I spent a few hours making me a bookshelf.
I'm pressed for space in my room, and previously I'd been using 3 small bookshelves (~ 3' tall, ~2' wide) and one large one (~ 5' tall, ~2' wide)... and I decided to make one big bookshelf to save on space.
I decided to place it along the wall by the door (the place where previously I'd been able to fit 2 small bookshelves) so it's 8' tall by 6' wide.
here are some pics!

me & my dad after getting one side attached





the back support





my dad standing next to it, before we attached it to the wall





loading books into it - found my copy of women





found my copy of the earthsea quartet





me unpacking a box of star trek books





books unpacked - still one entirely empty shelf up top!





so far I'm pretty happy with it :)
I've still gotta make a new coffee table, but my biggest concern is making my bed.
did I mention I plan on making my bed?
I'm hoping to build a loft bed (saving space is a continuing theme), so we'll see how that turns out.
and I knoooooow - the biggest space saver is the nook budd got me for christmas.
<3

I'm REALLY looking forward to having my own space again.
if I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times: I am never sharing a 1-bedroom anything with anyone again.

::: posted by tinafish at 11:31 AM :::