Wednesday, June 01, 2011 :::

sometimes I say it right the first time
 

though this wasn't actually the first time, I still think it's the best I've ever said it.

the bf wants to stay on the island when we go home for thanksgiving.
well, when I take him home for thanksgiving.

I feel kinda bad that I'm dragging him there after only a couple of months, but after budd refusing to go...
it's not really the promise of a commitment it would have been with budd, but at least he's willing to meet them.
and before I have to meet his parents.

though, the way he talks about his mom...
I kinda want to meet her for s&g.
the way he explains their relationship... they've got a really interesting dynamic and I wanna see it in real time.
on the other hand, I have a history of moms disliking me... so maybe I'll just enjoy the "I'm happy she makes you happy" for a while longer.

when it comes down to it, I don't know that we'll even still be together for thanksgiving.
but if we are, he's taking that trip with me.
if he doesn't, at least I'm not waiting 5 years to find out.

::: posted by tinafish at 12:39 PM :::