Saturday, October 15, 2011 :::

incidently
 

last weekend was the bf's bday, and a few years ago lus & budd went to this steakhouse in albuquerque that they both raved about.
the bf wanted to go to this crap steakhouse here in town, and I also offered to take him to that other steakhouse lus & budd raved about for several years.
so lus gets off work this past sunday morning and we pile into his car and drive the 5+ hours (or something) to albuquerque for the best steak lus has ever had.
we pull into the packed parking lot and notice there's some sort of car show going on.
and we head to the door...
... and it won't open...
.... some biker type dude passing by tells us the place isn't open on sundays.
gfg.

we ended up heading across town to this other joint that'd made it onto triple D and let me tell you - that was the best fucking meatloaf I've ever had.
the bf ended up having a fancy burger that he was really fond of. I'm no burger connoisseur, but he was talking about some special cow they use to make the patty... kobe beef, I think?
so while the trip didn't go as planned I think we all had a really good time.

the shit I got him for his bday has slowly been pouring in.
he seems to like the 3ds and the zelda game, but I haven't seen him play with the bucky cubes.
I got him a couple more things that I'm actually really excited about, but they haven't come in just yet.
I hope he likes them, since I am still really happy with my ipad.

we're both pretty stressed out with school.
I fell asleep yesterday on the couch and missed my raid.
I also didn't get to study since I crashed super early... so it's kinda ruining my weekend plans.
imo it's a bad sign when I can't nap an afternoon away without fucking myself over for the next week.
ugh.
next semester I am only gonna take one class. some math, if I can help it.

aaaand my ipad update is complete, so back to studying for me!

::: posted by tinafish at 12:47 AM :::