Tuesday, November 26, 2013 :::

oh it's going swell
 

so in an effort to save a bit of money this trip, we passed on holiday inn express and instead chose travelodge.  tons of good reviews and loads cheaper.

we make it to spi a bit after 2 am
the bf goes into the lobby to check us in

after about 15 minutes I go in too
there's no one at the front desk

we call the hotel and the phones are ringing and no one answers
now mind you we had planned on leaving lubbock much earlier this morning so I've been up since about 6:30 am.

after another 15 minutes have passed I call the corporate number
chick answers, isn't local and offers to call the hotel
great
no answer - big surprise
chick tells me the desk person is probably doing something and she'll try back in 15 minutes

15 minutes later the phone has not rung again
I call the corporate number again and this other chick tells me she's not local and suggests I contact the police (WTF?!)
blah blah blah
she calls the front desk too..  and still no answer

suddenly, the front desk dude comes steaming in from somewhere
gave us a story about his grandmother falling and how he had to rush off to assist her
tells us he is gonna give us some extra hours (?) and his face kinda falls when he notices we're booked for the week
he ends our exchange with, "I hate to say this, but is there any chance we can keep this between us?"

now that, gentle reader, is shady as fuck.
mind you at this point we've waited over an hour to get checked in.

I did let him know that I contacted corporate twice since I just wanted to get checked in
he had my entire un-caring attention until he asked to keep it between us.
if his grandmother really did fall, then I'm guessing he should've called his manager before leaving his post (and the front office completely unlocked)
I'm thinking either he had some company over for some playful secrets or he just fell asleep some where
and now that I've been up for ages it's kinda hard to fall asleep myself.

dunno if we'll be talking to a manager in the morning, but this is definitely coming back up next thanksgiving, and I am voting for never staying here again.

::: posted by tinafish at 4:16 AM :::