Monday, April 28, 2014 :::

fuck me, indeed
 

so that stuff I wanted from ikea?  a bookcase and a tv stand...
that whole line of furniture has been discontinued and replaced with another line of furniture that is a similar style, but guess what!  they aren't making the bookcase in the size I need, nor the tv stand at all.
/sigh
we tried calling the ikea in dallas and the ikea in denver but couldn't get through to either of them.
I also asked my brother if he could stop by ikea in dallas (to see if they have either still in stock) and he said he would, but I haven't heard back from him since then.

I've tried looking at other stuff ikea has but I've been pretty underwhelmed.
so much of my furniture is the expedit line and it's just gone now, and the replacement stuff isn't replacing everything.

I hate to bitch all the time but I'm still in boxes since I've got nowhere to put stuff.

even more fun,
I previously had my tv wall-mounted so I had removed the base.
as I mentioned, I'm still in boxes, and have no idea where those screws are at this point.
I googled around and couldn't find anything, so I contacted the tv mfg's support dept.
they replied with a photo of the screws.  and a length and width measurement.
I took my photo down to lowe's (no home depot around here) and we got the screws they told me would fit.
these screws, however, are so short they don't even fit all the way through the tv base.
/bigger sigh

on the bright side,
I may actually get a degree in the next few years.
seems experience is no longer an alternative to a degree, so I applied for a private school loan and got approved!
stuff still needs to clear with the school, but if it all works out I am hopefully gonna go balls to the wall and graduate.
the bf and I spent some time talking and the tuition costs at enmu are really low, so if I am gonna haft go in debt for a degree then this is the place to do it.

I've gotta write a few papers for my religion final, but if you have any suggestions as to where I can buy a modern looking black bookshelf, do let me know.

::: posted by tinafish at 10:02 PM :::