Tuesday, May 24, 2016 :::

mysterious benefactor
 

so I applied for 4 scholarships for the coming semester, and I received one of them.
nbd, it's for $200.
a friend of mine applied for 30+ but only got one, and she did receive the "biggest" one the mathematical sciences department offers, but it was still only $500.  for two semesters though, so a total of $1000.

I got a letter in the mail on Friday saying I received a second scholarship, this one from an anonymous donor and it was provided "specifically for you".  kinda cool, right?
$2000 for the 16-17 academic year.
WOAH.
that's a huge portion of tuition (tuition here is super cheap) for both the fall and spring semesters.
how fucking crazy is that?

I def wanna make a donation in the future that provides a couple thousand a semester to a nontraditional student with a shitty GPA that has a 3.5+ in the last 20 hours.  something like my situation.
because I am super grateful and if ever there was something I wanted to pay forward, this is it.

so thank you, anonymous donor.  I appreciate it.

::: posted by tinafish at 4:14 PM :::