Friday, September 01, 2017 :::

/flex
 

since I won't be spending the entire semester here, I switched to online classes.
I also work for the school, as a math tutor, and me not being here physically is a problem.
esp since I got a new boss in the middle of last semester, who doesn't know me at all.
I was worried she would just not hire me once I let her know I wouldn't be able to SI for cal 2, but instead she's let me stay on as a strictly online tutor for all lower level math classes (well, save for the teacher math classes, but I've never taken any of those (even though I did want to, lol)).
there've also been some changes to the way our office hours work, so I get to charge 4 hours a week even if I have no students.
and, as you might imagine, I've had no students, even though I've contacted all the online math teachers and asked them to post my business card to blackboard.
so, while I don't get paid much, I've been worried about being dropped since I'm only billing them and have no students.
however! my boss got me in contact with a student today and I've tentatively scheduled recurring 1-1's with the student for 2 hours twice a week.
wahoo, I'll be raking in the dough! :x

in other news, I really wanna write my capstone on the parable of the good samaritan, but I am def having trouble coming up with a thesis.
so far, the best research question I've come up with is: how did the relationship between jews and samaritans affect the definition of "neighbor" in the parable of the good samaritan?
somehow I've gotta turn that into a thesis... but truly I am interested in the dynamic so hopefully it'll work out.

::: posted by tinafish at 9:51 PM :::