Sunday, October 15, 2017 :::

another one bites the dust
 

welp, my last student research conference was this weekend.
spoiler alert: I didn't win.

I did have a great weekend, though.
for dinner on thursday our group went to this mediterranean joint called santorini.  great fun.
the rice was amazing!  and also there was some sort of spinach and cheese pastry traingle that was delicious as well.
great fun.

for dinner after the conference the bf and I hit up that sushi joint aqua reef.
it took an hour from the time we received our last appetizer to the time we received our entrees.
I was seriously wanting to just pay our tab and walk out but the bf had his heart set on some raw fish.
so we waited.
I don't wanna say it was necessarily worth waiting an hour, but once the food got there I promptly forgave them for the shitty service.
they also comped us two deserts, a random appetizer our server gave us, and after-dinner tea.
so if we're ever in las cruces again, we'll probably go back.
they made it right in our book.  and if they hadn't offered us free dessert I wouldn't have ordered one, and I'd never have seen this beauty:



::: posted by tinafish at 11:56 AM :::